ABOUT ST. MARY'S
St. Mary's is located in Kansas, America's heartland, on 465 rolling acres. We are approximately twenty-five miles west of Topeka, the State Capitol, and seventy-five miles west of Kansas City. The Jesuits originally constructed our eleven historical buildings on the site of an old mission, dating from 1848, where they served the Potawatomi Indians. In the early 1900's, St. Mary's was a well-known college and seminary. It closed in 1967 and was purchased for the Society in 1978.
Since that time, our schools have grown considerably. In September, 2011, the Academy numbered 706 students in grades K - 12 and the College numbered over 70 students. We receive neither government or corporate funding to run our schools, since we wish to remain completely free from any interference in the Catholic structure of our programs. Our income depends exclusively on tuition payments and donations from our friends and benefactors.
The ultimate goal of our schools is to form good Catholics and good citizens in such a manner that the whole person may be submitted to the reign of Jesus Christ in the spiritual, intellectual, moral, and physical spheres.